An Essential Compliance Tool
Post by Admin , Nov 25, 2019.
With the New SRA standards and regulation now in force there has never been a better time for law firms and their owners to review their approach to regulation and explore how technology can work for them in maintaining a compliant environment.
Whilst the updated SRA rules have been reduced in number and to some extent simplified, a major introduction and focus is that firms do not just have to operate a compliant environment but in addition, the must now be able to produce evidence that their policies and procedures are being implemented.
Whilst there is no guidance what ‘evidencing’ is, the strong indications are that firms need to show through auditing and systems that they are actively monitoring , controlling and recording compliance across their firm.
MailMinder is a system built for this purpose. It provides an intelligence and cost effective solution to monitoring of emails and therefore evidencing the supervision of correspondence to and from the firm.
Rubix MailMinder has two levels:
MailMinder - A software solution that attaches itself to a firms email exchange server and reads all communication that passes through it. The software does not impact on the user’s desktop experience of their email but as it sits at server level (both local and cloud). Due to this, MailMinder will monitor, based on a set of rules and indicative keywords, all email traffic to and from the firm. The system will then take action based on the requirements of each firm.
MailMinder + - As an extension of the standard MailMinder solution, MailMinder + will also interact with a firms history on their case management system and post to that history a copy of any outgoing or incoming email that has not already been store. Through doing so, firm can be assured that all correspondence attaching to a case file will be recorded properly in the appropriate order providing full visibility to all across the firm.
The MailMinder solutions have been developed with law firms in mind to address obvious issues arising from advancements in technology and to put law firms and their owners back in control.
The system is simple to use and easy to programme with users and keywords managed from a central dashboard that can be operated within a firm.
MailMinder is also an effective tool for highlighting potential fraud and providing pro-active techniques to combat and avoid fraudulent transactions.
Some examples of how MailMinder can work for a firm: -
- An email is sent from a client with the word “complaint” either in the title or text of the email. The MailMinder system will identify the word complaint and automatically send a copy of the email to the complaints partners for handling. The file can be requested as needed for a full audit and for the compliant to be dealt with.
- An email is received asking for “client account details”. MailMinder will highlight the request and send a copy of the email to the COFA for investigation as needed.
- An email is sent from the firm with the firm’s accounts number and sort code. The firm has a strict policy not to do this. MailMinder will identify the email and forward to the COFA for immediate action.
- A firm makes use of technology to receive email communications from clients that requires the client to include a reference number for the incoming email to be loaded into the appropriate file on the case management system. If the email does not include the reference MailMinder will identify this and return the email to the client with a request to include the reference number.
- A fee earner sends an email to a client from their smart phone out of office hours and not through the case management system. MailMinder will pick up the email and any subsequent emails to and from the client and attach it the case history.
MailMinder provides law firms and their owners with peace of mind. It works silently and effectively within a firm and is fully scalable.
With pricing from as little at £8 per monitored mailbox per month MailMinder provides firms of all sizes with a cost effective solution to protect their business and comply with regulation.
Other benefits of Mail Minder Include: -
- New Business enquiry management
- Quality Control
- Regulation Compliance
- Visibility of all email communication from desk tops, smart phones and tablets
- Automation of otherwise manual processes
- Saves time on supervision
- Ensures full case history on a case management system
- Improves time recording efficiency
For a Demonstration of MailMinder you can email Rubix at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0203 947 3695